About the role
As a small team working in one office, a flexible and informal working style is required.
The job is based in Cranleigh but it may be necessary from time to time to visit clients, companies, conferences, training sessions etc. to assist with issues related to software development.
Responsible to the Development Software Manager.
Hours 9.00 to 5.30, 1 hour for lunch, adjustable with prior agreement with the Development Software Manager. You may be required to work additional hours occasionally as the Employer or the performance of the Company’s business requires. We are flexible on the hours of employment by prior agreement with the Software Architect.
- take responsibility for best practice of frontend development and application design
- maintain and build unit test suites
- identify performance issues and code smells and be able to resolve and tune accordingly
- participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle as part of an Agile development team
- be accountable for delivering exciting new strategic visions within the company, whether it be extending or revolutionising the existing product suite
- work as part of a team and be able to coach and mentor junior members of the team
- research emerging tools, trends, and methodologies
- enhance existing systems and processes
- carry out other duties in relation to the above